-
January 21st, 2007, 11:19 AM
#2941
HB Forum Owner
To play Oblivion you need a really good PC, but I got this one mainly thinking on it. I'm running it on high detail at an average of 30-35 fps, with low peaks at around 20 in towns with loads of people, and high peaks of 55 depending on what part of the wilderness you are. I'm using an Athlon 64 3500+ with 1 GB RAM and a GeForce 6800 GT with 128 MB VRAM. The trick was to modify it, reducing only a few high-res textures which are used in small objects thus you don't notice, using a similar reducer for some models which were unoptimized, reducing some grass complexity and density to allow it to be viewed from twice as far (the defaults for the PC version are not too smart; grass is needlessly dense), profiling to get the best 3D configuration, and having Windows 2000 clean of unnecessary stuff. Though doing all that took me 2 days.
By the way, if you like Oblivion, you like Gothic 3 as well, though it doesn't have a 360 version and it's even more demanding than Oblivion (in particular, it wastes RAM like there's no tomorrow, and requires 1.5 GB RAM just to avoid constant stuttering).
-
January 27th, 2007, 05:47 PM
#2942
Senior Hostboard Member
More Sony buffoonery for your pleasure. Complete with a few cheeky chuckles from Microsoft's PR staff.
-
January 27th, 2007, 11:47 PM
#2943
HB Forum Owner
It's Ridge Racer, RIIIIIDGE- oh shit wrong game. Some marketing department guy's ass must still be aching.
-
January 30th, 2007, 09:20 PM
#2944
Inactive Member
currently playing sid meiers pirates. not a fan of the genre(rts/simulation/whatever), but damn if this isn't a good time.
-
February 3rd, 2007, 05:36 AM
#2945
Senior Hostboard Member
Never played a Sid Meier game. I hear they're good - and they better be considering they have someone's reputation riding on them. Its similar to the way Hideo Kojima has to work: by using his namesake, he's personally obliged to make sure the finished product is worthy of it. It must be tough going.
I'll have to check out Civilization IV sometime.
Currently playing Mario Kart DS online, and very little else nowadays. I know i should finish Zelda twilight Princess, but i just cant find the motivation to traipse through yet another dungeon. This is typical of my relationship with the Zelda series...
-
February 3rd, 2007, 10:30 PM
#2946
Inactive Member
hmm... well, i guess that would kinda disqualify ya as a zelda fan. also, pirates is nothing at all like civilization.
-
February 6th, 2007, 12:22 AM
#2947
HB Forum Owner
That's my problem with Zelda too. I started OoT twice and A Link to the Past once, and got tired of both. ALTTP's gets worse later with that ugly world, and OoT gets boring around the rock guys village, even though it was so great before. I'll try playing OoT again with Project64 and some texture mod for eye candy. You can make OoT look much better.
And by the way, this article rocks:
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....=sony_bullshit
-
February 7th, 2007, 01:03 PM
#2948
Senior Hostboard Member
I usually take Maddox's articles with a pinch of salt, but i agree 100% with that one.
-
February 8th, 2007, 06:44 PM
#2949
HB Forum Owner
So I've started playing Zelda: OoT one more time. As I leave the Kokiri forest and say farewell to Saria, I wonder...
In the end, do you get to have sexual intercouse with her? What about Zelda, Malon, and Ruto, especially Ruto? ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
-
February 8th, 2007, 11:19 PM
#2950
Inactive Member
No.
But if you shoot down the Arwing, you get some hot hot Epona on Malon action.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks